- Prakarsa Jaringan Cerdas Indonesia (Indonesia Smart Grid Initiative) established in 2015, is a legal entities that received the principal license of association from the Ministry of Law and Human Rights Decree on July 6th, 2015 No: 2015070601232323232502. Smart Grid is an electricity network that uses digital and other advanced technologies to monitor and manage the transport of electricity from all generation sources to meet the varying electricity demands of end-users. For Indonesia, the necessity of Smart Grid technology have surfaced however, implementation of the technology still requires much work to do. Smart Grid infrastructure possessed a great deal of dependency towards national electricity grid in which PT PLN (Persero) is the majority owner and the responsible party of such facilities, however, Smart Grid that combines the advancement of Information and Communication Technology by one way or another will engage many parties such as Government as the regulator & consumer, Industries, business people or community to participate in the effort of implementing Smart Grid technology in Indonesia as a solution of achieving better utility service from PLN or Government.
- Initiated by concerns from numerous parties towards the development of Smart Grid technology in developed country and neighboring countries, Indonesians intellectuals from various well known University along with utility practitioners establish an organization named “Prakarsa Jaringan Cerdas Indonesia” or Indonesia Smart Grid Initiative with the main objective to prepare technology institution, regulation, education and entrepreneurial as well as forming systematic road map for Smart Grid implementation as a solution towards Smart Indonesia.
- The organization is an independent, professional and transparent non-governmental organization that placed the National Interest as the priority above sectoral, business and individual interest as well as not affiliated with any political parties.
- To be a trustworthy model in the effort of collaborating enhanced technology in the field of energy and IT towards Smart Indonesia.
To initiate the preparation of technological institution, regulation, education and entrepreneurship required to establish Smart Grid in Indonesia.
To Gather and initiate cooperation among the intellectual, practitioner and government official in order to establish Indonesia’s Smart Grid concept which is capable to manifest Smarter and prosper Indonesia.
To ensure that the concept of Smart Grid in Indonesia is capable to be a solid foundation for the utilization of enhanced technology without dependency towards another country.
To ensure that the concept of Smart Grid in Indonesia is in accordance with Indonesia’s goals to establish Smart Living, Smart City and Smart Indonesia.
Initiate the effort of socializing Smart grid concept to obtain community support, which could accelerate the concept implementation.
MEMBER’S RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS
Member Rights :
- Every member has the right to express an opinion.
- Every member has the right to receive guidance, protection and defense from the association.
- Each member has the right to vote and be elected as the board of the association.
Member Obligations :
- Uphold the good name and honor of the association.
- Comply with the provisions in the AD/ART and other association regulations.
- Actively participate in activities organized by the association and pay membership dues.